Tuesday, October 4, 2011

General Conference


General Conference is so amazing. I've never really appreciated it fully until now in my late teenage years. I regret that it has taken me this long to realize how important it is. In living prophets we talk about how the words of the prophets and apostles are just as important, if not more important, than the Book of Mormon or any form of scripture for that matter. With that in mind, I went into this conference with a different mindset to listen to all the sessions and really see what the Lord wants me to know and what He wants me to do in these latter days. The experience is unlike anything. I got so much more out of each talk in each session of conference. 

The one that hit home the most though was President Uchtdorf's talk on the Forget Me Not's given in the General Relief Society meeting. This talk filled my soul. Literally. I was going through a pretty hard time with school and nothing seemed to be going right. Then Uchtdorf said not to get caught up in looking for that big rose and forget to notice the beautiful forget-me-not's along the way. I need to enjoy life for what it is. I need to take time to appreciate my little successes along the way. And be grateful for what I DO have. I have so much. I have friends who know the Gospel of Christ and inspire me to do good. I have a family who loves and supports me no matter how well I do on a test, or how many boyfriends I've had in my life. Most importantly I have a Savior. The Savior of the world who knows and loves me. My Savior who has died for me and will stand by me at the judgement seat. I know of His Gospel and as long as I stand on those grounds, I cannot fall. So I have decided to enjoy my little moments and to try harder in this life. Just skating by won't cut it and it won't bring me very much happiness either. Today is the day I stand a little taller and be a little better. 

Lastly, I am learning this song on the guitar. It doesn't really relate to this blog, but I'm kind of in love with John Allred's version of it and it's my new favorite song to play :)



Some may find it odd that I would do a blog on General Conference. To them I say:

 "And we atalk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we bprophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our cchildren may know to what source they may look for a dremission of their sins." (2 Nephi 25:26).

Let us never forget who we are as Christians and as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment