Sunday, June 10, 2012

Pucllana

Our quaint little room in our quint hotel


love the colorful buildings here
ADOBE RUINS
Huaca Pucllana: aka awesome adobe ruin capitol of
sacrifice centers and ancient administration. 
Amazing pot with a shark on it. Such skill! I couldn't help but think of the
TV show "River Monsters" when I saw this and learned about
the shark's relationship with the ancient people who used to live here.

saw this and thought, my mom would appreciate these. Pretty!! 


hair in face

The group (minus 1) gettin' their swag on at the ruins


the famous Peruvian hairless dog.
Alpacas. Not to be confused with Llamas.

isn't your first thought when you see these guinea pigs, "YUM!!"??
yeah mine either. I will not partake. 
they close down this street every Sunday for bikers!!
At the church there are litterally (haha get it) hundreds of wild cats!! 

una iglesia

"Hola, Lo Siento, Gracias." The words I've said most often today. But I'm already beginning to remember more of more Spanish from school! Like "Cuanto Cuesta" for when we went through shops! Today has been a fun day though! Can't wait to see more of Peru with Trujillo tomorrow!



1 comment: