Friday, June 15, 2012

Religious blog

 I'm one of the only ones of my faith, here which is a huge difference for me, but it's amazing how much being on this trip has reinforced my religious beliefs. Being a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has totally blessed my life wherever I go. It has helped me look for the good in everyone and it has given my life a true purpose. It's one of the few churches I know that answers with confidence, and I believe I have received confirmation through my spiritual experiences and the Book of Mormon, the three utmost important questions in life: 1. why am I here or what is my purpose? 2. Where did I come from? 3. Where do I go after this life? Knowing the answers and having a testimony and a confirmation from the spirit of God poured out onto me testifying of the truth of these things, it's truly remarkable. I know that I am a daughter of God and through that knowledge I can see others as such. Sons and Daughters of God. Everyone! Whether in Peru or back in Salt Lake. Whether of my belief system or not. It helps me draw connections and relate to those around me. And I can stand by my beliefs because of those confirmations of the Spirit that I have received. Because of the experiences I've had that have helped to strengthen me while in the LDS church. It truly brings a light that cannot be provided elsewhere. A light that penetrates even the thickest darkness. The gospel of Christ can bring peace into your life and make you whole. I know in my heart that is is true. That the knowledge of his plan for you obtained by study and faith can complete your life. And I will try with all my might, mind and strength to live His Gospel every day. I know that He lives and loves each and every person and he blesses our lives daily. He is not asleep. He cares about us. His hand is stretched out toward us still, beckoning for us to choose the path He has set for us to get us through our trials so that we might grow and become more like Him. No cause is lost. No person not worth it. There is a great difference between joy and happiness. And I know that the Gospel of Christ has been restored to the earth through the LDS church. It can bring you a kind of happiness that will never go away, but can stay with you and change your life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment