Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sin

Today I committed a little sin. I went into Hot Topic. When Camie told me we should go in there to look for suspenders for the nerd dance I told her it was against my religion. Then I told her my mom wouldn't let me buy stuff in there. Eventually I stopped making excuses and her and I went on an adventure tonight!! First we stopped off at the DI. How I love Deseret Industries :) I got some way sweet pants, a shirt, and a bright green belt!! I thought we were set, but we had to make the last stop... Hot Topic. Before walking into the store I told Camie not to let them force me to do drugs and to protect me from any harm, but as I walked in my perception changed. We walk in and see the most glorious thing ever.... a whole section devoted to "The Undesirable Number 1" (aka Harry Potter) It was amazing!! Full of posters and shirts and purses! I just wanted to buy it all!! Luckily I have some self control. Otherwise that whole part of the store would have been mine!! Then we found our suspenders!! Mine are bright green and I'm REALLY excited about them :) I will put pictures of the nerd dance up eventually, but as for now I cannot wait for tomorrow!
Even the letters look scary...
Moral of the story: Hot Topic is not entirely a store of sin. Sure the music might be scary and I might fear for my life at times, but it also has amazingness in it. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. The music is the best part about it... Joke! Yeah for Hot Topic! I thoroughly enjoyed our little adventure today, Emily Davis. We are going to be the nerdiest nerds at the dance tomorrow. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete