Wednesday, March 16, 2011

like a journal entry... sorry!

Boredom! Lately I have been so bored! For the last week I've been SUPER busy, but now as it is all slowing way down and I finished all my homework. I've watched many hulu videos lately and then last night I went to j.dawgs for the first time with my friend Carson and some of his friends. That was a lot of fun and reminded me of the good old Rock Canyon days and such. Later Geoff came around and we decided to go play glow-in-the-dark ultimate frisbee!! It was a blast and I happened to make the winning catch! A diving one no less! Running up and down the field really brought back memories of club soccer. Oh how i miss it. Not high school soccer of course, that one wasn't very fun for me. But back to the night: the bad thing about it all was that we started at midnight. After frisbee we all just cuddled under a blanket in the back of my truck and talked and hung out. Time flew and all of the sudden it was 3 am! Way too late for a school night if you asked me! But yesterday was definitely a fun day! 

Today has been full of boredom as well. I've seen a lot of people get pulled over lately and I've been a little superstitious that I might be next! Why else would I be seeing them everywhere all the sudden?! So I've been real careful about obeying the law. Especially after my wonderful experiences with the law in High School. Getting caught for trespassing in the Viewmont house and going to court, getting two speeding tickets and going to classes to get them off my record, being pulled over after seeing the midnight premier of Toy Story 3 for making a wide turn and the officer suspected me of "drunk driving", and of course getting caught doing donuts in the school parking lot. Cops don't like me very much and I guess I'm not too fond of them either :) 

I've also been sneezing a lot... anyone who really knows me knows that I sneeze a whole lot! And lately it has been in sets of 5! My allergies are incredibly sensitive to the changing weather and as the grass gets greener, my nose gets sneezier. haha But really! And once this starts then I start to play soccer outside more and then I develop my cough... Every year I get this tantalizing cough that just incapacitates me. It's always in the spring and it gets to a point where I cough so hard that I sometimes throw up! TMI i know. but it's true! I'm just going to start taking allergy medicine consistently over the next few weeks and hope that I can prevent the terror from even starting! That'd be fantastic. 

So Friday I took the roommates home and it was great fun! But Saturday I left them for a bit and went to attend Jess's brother, Billy Yates, funeral. It was an amazing experience. One story in particular that I absolutely loved was one that Lucy Andre told. (seeing as this was my old ward I knew everyone who spoke and Lucy is a family friend of the Yates and ours). Well one day Lucy was watching Billy and took him to Costco with her. She was just pushing him around the store and shopping and he was being his cute self and holding her hands and kissing them. When they were about to check out a lady come up to them and told Lucy that she had been following them throughout the store and was touched by how cute Lucy was with her son. Lucy continued to tell her that Billy wasn't her son and was just her friend. At that moment the lady broke down crying and said, "you are so lucky to have a friend like him". That story just really got to me. He was such an amazing boy that was so close to Christ. I'm so happy that his life has and will continue to bless not only his family, but also all those who knew him. The funeral procession was right afterward so I didn't get to see Jess. I was just hanging out in the foyer after and you know, I had cried during the thing, but I was fine then and knew he was in a better place, but then Allyson had to come out. Allyson was my old neighbor. She had 13 siblings, but her sister Emily passed away in a car accident at age 18 when we were about 15. The very next day after Emily died, the whole family got up and bore there testimonies in sacrament meeting. That was a true testimony to me. ANYWAY, when I saw Allyson and gave her a hug I just broke down. I just kept saying that I wished I was there earlier in the week for Jess and her family. I almost envied Allyson for getting to relate with Jessica on such an amazing level that she could go over the day after Billy died and offer comfort to their family. It was definitely an emotionally draining day and at the end of it I only had one regret: that I hadn't given Jess a hug yet. That's all I wanted to do. Just let her know that I was there for her always. But the time came on Saturday that I had to take my roommates back to BYU for a fireside and stuff so we headed out. The next morning I woke up with the Yates family on my mind and decided to drive all the way back to Bountiful. Unfortunately when I got up there I got thinking that it was Sunday and I was sure they'd want to be with family or maybe that Jess was heading back down here to Provo for school, so I never stopped by! I've looked for her all the time on campus this week! I'm sure I'll see her soon and get to give her a big hug and stuff! 

I'm sorry for the random and rather sentimental blog. I take that back, it's a REALLY sentimental blog! I probably wouldn't read it all if I were you :) Here's a cool song I like

1 comment: