Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stress

So every Monday gets pretty stressful. The last few Monday's I've had 10-12 hours straight of staying on campus. :( That's no bueno at all. Especially since only 5 are classes and the rest are studying and taking tests!! That's what I get for leaving my tests till the late day! This week will be different. possibly. Today was a pretty stress-filled day! I started out waking up and frantically writing the last two paragraphs to my BOM essay and then I went to go print it and of course, my printer doesn't want to work. So I try the downstairs one... I had no idea what I was doing so that was a no go. So I tried Elizabeths...nothing. By this time class was starting in 5 minutes so I just ran there with my laptop in hand. Luckily the teacher let me email it in! If that had been any other class I doubt they'd have as much sympathy :) haha Some more stresses weighing me down are my darn windshield wipers. They froze to my car like a month or so ago... so I pulled them off and one just got completely out of wack!  It would do fine at first and then it stopped working. So my dad tightened it up and we were up and running! Then I drove in a crazy rainstorm and the wiper went off with a mind of its own and decided to officially stop working. So I couldn't even go home for my own birthday dinner on Sunday :( I was WAY sad about that. Especially cuz the family was all there. They ate my birthday meal... and had my cheesecake. Nothing could make me more sad! Missing out on birthday, family, and food. How depressing! Then on top of all those stresses and school being crazy the dumb AT&T guy does something to make my phone stop working. great. So now I'm phoneless, stressed with school, AND I can only drive 25% of the time when no form of precipitation is coming out of the sky. So weather permitting, I may have both the phone and car back tomorrow. That'd be nice. Just PLEASE don't rain!! (exhale).
It's been a hard few days. At least church on Sunday was something to look forward to! Naturally, it was fast and testimony meeting. It was an AMAZING meeting in our ward. The testimonies were powerful, the Spirit was there, and all of our eyes were full of tears. One thing I shared and bore testimony of on Sunday was my favorite scripture D&C 127:2. It's been my favorite ever since I found out that Marquel was going to be born. I had a bad perspective on change back then and I thought that this trial was going to be too much for me to bare. Then Joseph Smith inspired me to have the mindset that "deep water is what I am wont to swim in" and since Marquel has been born she has been the most amazing blessing in my life. I think that if we look forward to the blessing trials can bring, life will be so much better. I just really love that scripture a lot. a lot. haha Just have faith and the trials will be small and God will stand by us always!! D&C 127:2. Gotta love it. It's on my "title of liberty" and attached to my keys so I'll never forget :)

1 comment:

  1. Missing your birthday dinner?! I can't even imagine. Keep trucking on! Monday always comes to a close.

    ReplyDelete