Thursday, March 17, 2011

A wearing of the Green!

All day I've had the song, "a wearing of the Green" stuck in my head! It's a song we sung in choir! A little sample of the lyrics:
Oh! Paddy, dear, and did you hear 
The news that's going round, 
The shamrock is forbid by law 
To grow on Irish ground. 
Saint Patrick's Day no more we'll keep 
His color can't be seen 
For there's a bloody law agin' 
The wearing of the green.

 Happy St. Patrick's Day!! Yeah I forgot to wear green, luckily I think people are past the pinching stages of life. The worst was in Elementary School when I'd forget and then get pinched like none other! LAME! Don't make the same mistakes I did. Wear green, be happy and have a great day :)

1 comment:

  1. I definitely had that song stuck in my head on st. patty's day! ha :) oh choir and our green dresses...

    ReplyDelete