Tuesday, May 10, 2011

185th ward


Video is unrelated to this blog post...but I just really like that song. 

it's weird when your wardies become some of your best friends :)
I really miss my old ward today. These kids made the semester amazing for me. I hung out with basically just them....and it was fantastic. At the start of the semester...needless to say... my roommates and I were dormant. We would stay in our dorm all day and do nothing but watch Food Network. But by the end of the year we became the closest friends ever with our FHE brothers! Our Fall semester brothers were just my favorite people ever...nbd. This pretty much sums them up: 


We'd go dumpster diving with these guys and 215 ALL the time! It was such a blast. 

We also went to Walmart a lot... and REALLY liked cramming into the car and blastin' "It's raining men" and sing at the top of our lungs. :)


sometimes things may have gone a little too far. (Dance parties in the backseat)
As Fall semester ended and we had to say goodbye to some of our favorite guys ever, we once again became slightly dormant and would  occasionally go on random spurs of hanging out with people like Mitch or Eric. Then one fine day toward the end of the semester we made more friends. I think it all started when we slept over in another girls dorms kitchen...uninvited. Observe:


We also had the most amazing 4 hour sacrament meeting ever and all became really close as a ward. That's when we all went classic skating together... then we went over to Emily Heath's house and played Just Dance! That was a really amazing ward! And just a few weeks before school ended we met our new best friends: 2111.

2111.... oh how I miss this dorm. These were the guys who we selfishly made stay up way past their bedtimes so that they could hang out with us. I think we hung out with them for a couple days straight and the only time they were rid of us was when they were sleeping or taking a final. haha But that was the life! I miss these guys so much. We had so little time left in the semester so we had to squeeze a ton of fun stuff in! We had a tie together dinner, went ice skating, classic skating, and donut dumpstering. We ate a lot...we exchanged movies via facebook, we filmed the guys on their odd ride down the sidewalk, went to devotionals together (adam in his roller blades....) we watched lots of youtube videos, hung out in the make out box, we went to the hospital...., we watched Tangled, we went to brunches, we saw a creeper with a spear, we observed the flooding street, we played Mario Kart and Super Smash, we played ultimate frisbee, we played with melted jello near the bell tower, we saw a guy in his underwear running after his roommates, we stayed up till 3 every night, we talked, and all in all: it was amazing. 

I really will miss these kids. Adam has already left on his mission, Turner is soon to go, and the other guys I'll see occassionally, but I just wish we all could have met sooner and made more fun times together (like that's even possible, right?). But life goes on and I can't wait to hang out with them all when they get back from missions! 

This is the first night we hung out with them. And yes, this picture is retarded.
And awkward.

Then a few weeks ago Adam and Josh came and visited! Yay! All in all, we had the best ward in the world. No doubt. Everyone in the ward was amazing and we all made lasting friendships that I don't know what I'd do without! 185th....you will always be in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment