Thursday, May 5, 2011

Guilty Pleasures

Confession time! 
(20 confessions about myself that you probably wouldn't have guessed!)


Confession number 1: I love me some So You Think You Can Dance. love love love it. Back in the summer me and my friends would watch the final couple of weeks together and then go have our own dance party on the blvd! Where we would proceed to do dance moves from specific dances to the song they belong with :) I'm not a dancer by any means. When I was younger and my mom made me do dance I was SO mad at her. Yet, I just LOVE this show. 


Confession numba 2: Food is really yummy. That is all.

Confession number 3: I'm a huge Broadway nerd. For example: walking to anatomy lab today I listened to Wicked the whole way. I'd pass by people and wonder if they knew what a nerd I was. Makes me wonder what some people are listening to on campus when you can't tell... For me, it's usually some random shuffle but there are those moments where you just need a little power from Wicked. A little power from some of the best voices ever! I wish I could sing like them. Goal in life: become Elphaba or Eponine on Broadway. (If you're wondering who these people are I feel bad for you). 

Confession number 4: sometimes when I was alone in my room I lip sync to the mirror and plan my own music videos inside my head. But who doesn't right? Right. 

Confession number 5: sometimes I really wish I had cool talents. I wish I would have stuck with piano or I could sing well or play the guitar or cello or violin or something. 

Confession number 6: I rock at Halo. Halo is my inner nerd in real life form. I love going home and just playing with my siblings all the time! Sometimes I'll force them to play with me and other times I just play all alone online with my fellow nerds around the world. I'll start playing once everyone has gone asleep and then end at like 1:30 or 2. 

Confession number 7: For about a month or so in High School I'd put Pride and Prejudice on before I went to bed and listen to it as I fell asleep. I now have every line memorized. Heck yeah! '

Confession number 8: I want to serve a mission someday. Most girls are like eh... who knows. I really want to! If I'm not married (a horrible thought at the moment) or dating anyone real serious, I'm going out there! 

Confession number 9: I can't drive without singing along to the radio. It's impossible. 

Confession number 10: Celine Dion rocks my world. Throughout High School we'd blast her all the time in the car on the way to lunch, on the blvd, etc. Best memory ever is going up to Park City with some of the girls and listening to Celine the whole way while playing a little game I like to call... I'll spare you the name for obvious reasons. But it involves car lights, yellow lights, and clothing. 

Confession number 11: I also love Ke$ha. She's like the total opposite of Celine Dion but I just can't help but to love all her songs! Whether it's laughing at them or just singing along like a fool. They are just a lotta fun. 

Confession number 12: I have exercise induced asthma. It doesn't act up often, but it's still there.  

Confession number 13: I've only kissed 3 boys. Depressing, I know. Yet in my old dorm I was referred to as the dorm "skank". Oh joy. Welcome to BYU I guess. 

Confession number 14: I love learning. I complain about school a lot, but I love learning! I love going home and telling my mom all about the cool stuff I've learned whether it be in a religion class or about anatomy. Maybe I'm just a cocky little brat and love bragging, but really. I love knowing stuff. Makes me feel smarter than my brother Taylor (the know it all). 

Confession number 15: I am the biggest procrastinator this world has ever seen. I don't study until just before an exam (for example my quiz in Anatomy) and I most definitely am not one of those suck ups who does the work early. Procrastination is the REAL key to success. Duh. 

Confession number 16: My favorite thing to do in warm weather is go boating. Particularly wakeboarding and tubing. I can only just get up on the wakeboard and go in and out of the wake, but I think it's so fun! Tubing is quite an event in my family. We hook up 3 tubes behind the boat and jump from tube to tube and try and knock each other off! It gets pretty intense! The best times were when we had the HOT DOOOOG in the middle. Such a freakin' blast! 

I made this one larger so maybe you can get a glimpse of Hunt-man's expression.
Best. Day. Ever.
Confession number 17: I watched all 6 seasons of Lost in one summer. FTW (for the win)

Confession number 18: I almost went skydiving once. Then it never happened. (Nat and Bee...we NEED to do this)

Confession number 19: Dances are my forte. Stomps and Dances were the highlight of Bountiful High. We knew how to have good stomps! Dress up, and don't stop moving. Ever. Dress ups were the bomb. 

Ali and I for BYU dance. yes, we know how to dress up.
We are B-town people after all!
Nerd dance
I'm Emily and I'm a gangster. haha
*complete with the famous orange vest
the Howl at USU
My personal favorite: "the glitter girls" at the Viewmont stomp
Confession number 20!!! (time for the gross mushy stuff) My little sister Marquel is probably the most important person in the world to me. When I found out my mom was pregnant with her, I was kind of upset. I thought it would ruin our whole family because we were totally past the baby stage and it was all just so strange to me. Then on Christmas when my mom told the rest of the family she was pregnant I first noticed my brother Bradford's reaction. He was SO excited. I decided I needed to shape up and rethink my mindset. Once Marquel was born she became the sole most important thing in my life. She taught me that sometimes trials are meant for the weak and they can totally bless your lives. My testimony has grown so much since she came into the world. Even though I always get, "is this your daughter?" I don't even care. What it appears to be to the rest of the world doesn't even matter. I just know that she came here for me. She makes me the happiest person in the world. And I get to be with her forever! :)

2 comments:

  1. 3. so good. so good.
    11. her and lady gaga, i just can't help it
    13. i definitely think our little markie rae's stolen your crown (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. SKANK. Hahaha... oh man. Good times

    ReplyDelete