Sunday, May 22, 2011

I guess this is Growing Up.

After this weekend I felt so accomplished. I'll give ya a rundown...

So technically here in P-town, weekend starts Thursday. Thursday night we went to the midnight premier of Pirates and it was awesome! I really liked this one! So props to the writers, producers, actors, etc. :) Oh and I was pretty legit. Brought my wand :) I bet people were a little confused.

pic courtesy of Holly Henrich
Friday I woke up at 10. Which is quite impressive after staying up till 4 if I do say so myself. I woke up, quickly did my cleaning check stuff, and was out the door! I got home and didn't stop! I helped my mom with Marquel's friend birthday party. Let me tell ya, I don't know if my children will ever have birthday parties. haha These kids were nuts! They just ran around like crazy, did whatever they pleased, and made a mess. Little devils. Then we tried some organized games like "Musical Chairs". Who does't love some musical chairs right? Wrong. They just cried when they got out and generally didn't understand how to play. So that was a bit of a disaster. So during a certain portion of the party, Hunter and I escaped! I had noticed that we had a surplus of apples... so we grabbed a few and the bat they had used for the pinata and went in the driveway. I haven't played baseball in years! But it was fun to just grab Hunt and do something random with him. It was great. Besides the cleaning up apples part afterwards.

Friday night was alright. I started out in some bliss. I just chilled out on the large couch in the basement, sipped back on a Diet Cherry Pepsi, and watched Criminal Minds. Then I decided to go out with a few friends from HS. I'm not really sure about it. It was just a little strange. They would talk about all the mutual people they knew, but I didn't. Then they'd tell the latest gossip about people younger than us and still in high school and honestly, I didn't care one bit. I have changed A LOT since coming to BYU. Strangely enough, I feel more grown up than some of my friends who didn't come here. I don't care about who got pregnant without being married, or how funny it is to watch someone get high. That doesn't interest me anymore. I'd much rather go hang out somewhere, talk about our own lives, and just live in the moment enjoying company. I think I've clearly grown up. In every way possible. I look back on past relationships I had in High School and how I would handle things so much differently and more maturely than I had back then. It feels good to feel grown up :) haha
this is when people go, uh huh...real grown up. 
Anyways, Saturday I turned into a slave. The slave master? My father. I worked out in the yard for about 4 hours just weeding and planting flowers. I did NOT like getting all muddy at first and I was definitely scarred by the giant spiders in the soft dirt, but all in all I just had fun :) Hunter and I would joke around and run from the spiders, play in the waterfall, and make it all a game. I definitely enjoyed those moments :)
Saturday night I wasn't doing much so I decided to help my mom clean out the garage. I don't know why in the world I was so into cleaning and helping out, but it felt good. I even got to use the power washer in the garage! I love that thing! Last summer Tay and I had to clean out the garage, but got to use the power washer and we just spent hours spraying each other with it! It is amazing. Not exaggerating. It sprays water SO fast, but when it hits your face, it feels like a light misting. Then you look down and you are totally soaked! Aww. I love that thing.

Today I attended 3 farewells. One for Yazzie, and one combined one for Parker Marsden and Ryan Reeves. I grew up with Parker and Ryan so it was really fun to go back to the old ward I lived in all growing up until I was 14 and see old friends and feel a bit at home :) Then we had a little family celebration for Marquel's birthday and now I'm back in P-town! With a test to study for. Yikes.


(PS for your info trivia "I guess this is Growing Up" is a lyric from a Blink 182 song :) Allred does an awesome cover of it. Look it up fools!) 

1 comment:

  1. Once we tried building a fort in our kitchen and had all six matresses in there but we got busted by the big bad hall advisor. If we even had them in the hallway we would've been sunk! Looks awesome though :)

    ReplyDelete