Saturday, December 4, 2010

Adventures! Plus Lessons Learned

Yesterday was quite a day. I got my Allred tickets, watched two movies with Alyssa, and then things got a little weird. I didn't have any plans for last night which was sad and everyone who I tried to hang out with couldn't, so I decided just to go to our building Christmas party. Which is sayin something...haha jk. At the Christmas party Buster thought it would be SO funny if he shoved a little white cotten ball in my mouth.


Exibit A

The Culprit himself before the crime. We are all such great Reindeer :)
After they had their kicks of tying me down and we watched as Elizabeth finished our room stalking, Geoff and Ryan came over and a group of us hopped in my car. We just drove around for a bit not doing anything, but I hate driving without a purpose! So we ended up going to a park and played on the playground and played a little soccer, which is always fun for me :) Then we went back, tried to play the stick pull game, but the broom broke. So we headed off in Geoffs car on a crazy adventure which I will tell you about...

So last night... I learned a few lessons. Allow me share them with you :)
  1. Although fitting 9 people in a 5 seater car sounds like a perfectly reasonable thing to do and it can be quite fun at first, it turns out not to be so much fun and you get squished.... A LOT! haha
  2. Leaving to hang out should start early. Doing strange things and then finally deciding on a plan at 12 pm means that you get back late and are therefore extremely tired in the morning.
  3. From now on, drive with a destination in mind. Driving around hopelessly trying to find a place to light a fire for two hours in a tight car can be a bit tiresome.
  4. Rachel loves fire. Something about it just flips her world upside down. haha I don't think they have fires in Mesa...because this fire and getting wood for it was a BIG DEAL to Rachel. Especially around 3:30 in the morning :) WOOD WOMAN FOR LIFE!! haha jk. We love you Rachel.
  5. Using hand sanatizer can greatly improve the life of your fire.
  6. There is a canyon that looks exactly like Mueller Park canyon down in Springfield, UT. Except there are no firepits and you have to drive through snow in order to get to the desired spot.
  7. Falling asleep in a packed car is...interesting. Picture this: 5-seater car, 9 people, people stacked in the back, the floor in all it's wonder is the one spot that is open, so I slide down into the crevice and take on the fetal position and try and sleep in the tiny spot as we drive around searching for the perfect fire spot.
  8. Geoff is awesome. I think we all can agree after last night that Geoff is a champ. He drove around all night, got us back before 4:30 and did not fall asleep at the wheel, and he pretty much got the fire going. We owe ya Geoff.
  9. I am not a very good party-into-the-wee-hours-of-the-morning type of person. Once 3 hit I was done. haha I had fun for sure, but then we started getting cold and I swore I was going to fall asleep standing up next to the fire. I don't do well staying up late and I'm surprised I'm not a grumpy bear this morning. What a grand surprise to have Eric poking me waking me up this morning because he's mean and didn't want me to sleep in :(
  10. If you go to bed smelling like fire, it doesn't magically disappear. You wake up smelling like fire. haha

Here are some pictures from last night :)



look! I found me!

Geoff driving as our hero




FIRE!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Haha I love the picture where you can only see your eye and part of your head enshrouded by people on every side haha. Sounds like you had a pretty eventful evening Emily, sorry I couldn't hang out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's alright! We will hang out some other time :)

    ReplyDelete