Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas post

I am such a blog slacker around the holidays. Yes, this is the longest I've gone without posting a blog! I am very sorry for that. Not only for all of my fans out there(sarcasm) but for myself. haha But anyway... MERRY CHRISTMAS!! Yes Christmas was great. Christmas was fantastic. (prepare yourselves for this blog may be very long).This break really has been great! Christmas Eve in itself has to be my favorite part about Christmas. That night we all go to a movie with our family and my dad's brothers families. This year we had a choice and since I have already seen Tangled (and I love it a whole lot) and I didn't want to see Narnia so I went to Tron. And let me tell ya, I had my doubts but all are pacified now! I loved it! I thought it was sooo cool! After the movie we all went to Pizza Factory and ate and did a cute little gift exchange and then went our separate ways. This year Bee and Ness got to come home with us and spend Christmas eve here! It was so fun! We had chocolate fondu, had a pool tournament, played a game we like to call "Come into my Den", and then played board games the rest of the night. 
My little niece Madison! Adorable? I think yes :)

Christmas Eve Pajamas!! We coordinate

Marquel :) What a doll!


The next thing I hear when I wake up is "Em, wake up I have to go to the bathroom!!" haha We all sleep in one room and the oldest one has to take the others to the bathroom so they won't prematurely see what Santa brought them. I was lucky number one this year. But that was ok :) It was fun!


Christmas! 

Natalie making a grand entrance into the festivities! This is nothing
compared to our performance of Wicked that one Christmas...

Madison and I :)

cute little smirk!

Marquel got a kitchen and Bradford was her worker!
 Christmas day had it's traditional luster and was a fantastic day of giving and receiving gifts. I got a way sweet TV for my room!! But I'm too nervous to take it down to college so until I move off campus, it's staying safe in my room :) Santa also got me an ihome! How nice of him! haha I love it! After the Santa party we all have a big giant humongous breakfast!! It's was so good and we do these little poppers where we all get crowns :)   So fun. Then we went back downstairs for presents and Nat, James and Madison came! They are all so amazing. I love having family around! After presents we played Nat's Michael Jackson dancing game for the Wii!! I am not a dancer by any means, but playing this game was hilarious!! Bradford and James were just hilarious and were actually really good at it! Crazy. Then that night I was about to go to bed early until I realized that finishing off the night with a hot tub run would be the perfect thing! So I was going to get in with Marquel and she ran upstairs to get her swimming suit on so I got in. I sat there for quite awhile just enjoying the hot tub and wondering where in the world Marquel was. Suddenly I hear this whimpering behind me by the door. I look over and Marquel has tears streaming down her face and she points down to her pajamas that had been put on her instead of a swimming suit and says "I got this!!" Despite the fact that she was bawling I thought it was probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen. What a cutie! I told her we'd get in another day this week together. Then after I was done with the hot tub I come in to see her climbing up the outside of the banister up the stairs. She was only about a foot and a half off the ground but she was yelling, "Someone help me!!". I look over to find my brother like this playing nintendo:
View IMG_3605.jpg in slide show


He couldn't hear a thing!! I guess his new headphones work... :)


The first day after Christmas was a good one! I was up early and went with Kyle to Buster's farewell in Riverton! He did such an amazing job and Kyle and I had fun as well :) So good morning! Then I went to my ward's sacrament and topped the whole day off with another farewell with Ky and Syd :) Great day. Sunday night guess who got here?! Michelle, Chris, and Zachary!! My sister lives in Michigan so we don't get to see very much of them. It's always really awesome when they come out! Zach is just a little bundle of joy. 
View IMG_2205.png in slide show
Zach!!



Then today I slept in...for a long time. My parents would be sorely disappointed if they knew the real time I woke up today... (12) Then Tay, Hunt, and I played XBOX kinect that we got for Christmas and a game called Ticket to Ride (which I ALMOST won in...so close). Then Tay and I went to Joy luck for dinner! Yum! 
clearly the break has made me a happier person.

Joy Luck!!

Marquel crashed tonight on the couch! So cute :)
Tomorrow is going to be full of friends and the sibling exchange of gifts while Michelle is here! I just love it all!!!!!



2 comments:

  1. You do those fun popper things too!??!? SO DO WE!!!! My crown was orange haha. Funny how similar traditions people have. I'm glad you are having a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. no way! Sweet!! Mine was purple :) But yeah! I saw that you guys do Christmas pajamas too! Weird. Copy cat! haha

    ReplyDelete