Monday, December 13, 2010

His voice makes me melt like a popsicle on the fourth of July!

It's true. His voice makes me melt. Whose voice you ask? John Allred. Yes his voice gives me a musical euphoria that just makes me want to smile. haha But really. I love it! Friday was his Christmas concert and they did amazing! During one of their songs the mustache man (whose name we found is Nate) came on dressed like Santa and started dancing around! It was hilarious. I requested that John play Hallelujah on facebook and guess what.... he did it! Then towards the end of the song he stopped playing the guitar and just sang a capella and the room was DEAD silent! It was just awesome! Man. I wish he had concerts every day. After the concert I text him and said good job and thanks for playing the song and he said "thank you so much and anytime" So anytime... pretty sure I have a private Allred concert in my future... haha joke. But after the concert we just hung around and talked to the whole band and everyone and it just made us realize that we really want to be their friends. They are so amazing and fun and cute we just wish we could hang out with them every day. I'll get working on it. haha Anyway, after the concert we headed home and stopped at IHop! Got home around 1:30 and it was just such an amazing night. (future pictures to come)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jAIQ51pWWgo
(this is the band behind Allred and their friend the mustache man. The one on the left is Tanner the drummer and the one on the right is Tate the guitar guy :) and of course the main man is said mustache man Nate. They are so much fun to talk to! Please become friends with me. haha)

Saturday was a way fun day as well! Considering that all day Friday was spent burning my mind with reviews all day I thought I could take a break Saturday during the day :) So around 1 we headed to Temple Square with the ward! We went to the Joseph Smith movie, walked around temple square and grabbed a bite to eat and then enjoyed the lights :) The lights on temple square are the most beautiful things ever. I just love going! Granted, it is much prettier when it's snowing. But it was great :) It reminded me of the last time I went there. It was last year when my choir performed at the church looking thing on temple square. That was such an amazing night! After we sang we took pictures with best friends and then I walked around temple square with the family in the snow. It was amazing. And I didn't slip as much as I did the time before... haha Ky don't give me crap for that. ANYWAY after temple square I went with Geoff, Ryan, Markie and Rachel to the Cheesecake Factory! Yay! It was both delicious and we had an amazing time. Geoff is the most not boring person ever and I thoroughly regret saying he was because I've gotten crap for it ever since! I'm sorry Geoff. And Ryan thanks for carrying me across temple square. haha The biggest thing of Saturday night that made me both laugh and smile the most ever was our dance party. On the way back to Provo me, Rachel and Markie had the best dance party ever in the backseat!! It was wild, crazy, and fantastic. Words can't even describe the craziness.

Sunday! I know this is a very long post and I apologize but all of my posts have been awfully serious lately and I just needed a long fun one!! Today I went home and did Gingerbread houses with the family! We do Gingerbread houses every year and it's one of my favorite traditions ever! This year I did a Glee/ Allred one. I would have done another Harry Potter one, but I already did that last year! Anyway, this weekend was a blast and I love my family. Even though they all went and got amazing at Halo while I got left behind. Over Christmas break my skills will increase and I will win. Period. Time to get to finals! Bring 'em on. :)

One more Allred video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKpkhhKhy7U&feature=player_profilepage

1 comment:

  1. bahaha i kinda forgot that you fell last year...until i read this post. and now i cant stop laughing! haha oh em. you kill me. it sounds like you had a great time on friday! im sad i missed it, but seeing how i was sick all weekend it was probably a good thing i didnt go. next allred concert they have, im in!!! also. can we please go to the lights when you get home? i havent been yet and heaven knows a boy wont ask me to go... so i want to go with you and syd! deal? deal. and i want to see this glee/allred gingerbread house of yours. after last years HP i dont know if it can top it...

    ReplyDelete