Thursday, December 9, 2010

Quotes

So I have a few quotes in life that I've been reminded of quite frequently lately. One that has been playing through my head is the one from Kung Fu Panda (sounds corny I know) but it says:

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift (that is why it is called the present)"

I just love that quote! How true it is! Today is a gift and living for today is a gift. I keep living for the weekends or living for when finals are over or living for summer even, but really I should be looking forward to each day. Because today is a gift. What an awesome lesson to learn :)
Another quote ringing through my head is one my mom used to say all of the time:

"Supposing today were your last day on earth, the last mile of the journey you've trod; after all of your struggles, how much are you worth, how much can you take home to God? Don't count as possessions your silver and gold for tomorrow you leave these behind. And all that you're left with to have and to hold is the service you've given mankind".

I love this one too! I've grown up with it my whole life and I'm grateful that my mom instilled this quote into me. It has stuck with me for a long time and every time i recite it in my head I think of all the things I could do to make life better and to really live for today and serve now.

3 comments:

  1. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail. - Benjamin Franklin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you hinting at something here? As in... I'm not the best at preparing I know. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha no I'm just saying that's my favorite quote!!

    ReplyDelete